You can connect your TP-Link range extender to the existing router and broadcast the router signal to extend the Wi-Fi range of your home or office network. Setup your TP-Link range extender correctly to amplify the range of your router. Let us learn how to setup wifi extender using the following steps with ease.
- Turn your Wi-Fi router on and check if the internet connection is working or not.
- If there is no internet on your Wi-Fi router, the Wi-Fi extender cannot access the internet.
- Then, you have to turn on the repeater. Once the LED lights are on, you may start with the Repeater setup process.
- Connect to your repeaters network using the default tp link router login information. You can get this login information on the label of your range extender.
- Open a web browser, and type tplinkrepeater.net on to access the settings of your Tplink range extender.
- You have to scan your existing wifi name or the SSID and select it.
- Input your current password, and then connect to it.
- You can now set the username and password for your extended network.
- To finalize the settings, click the SAVE option.
It is all about ‘How to set up tp link wifi extender‘ with a web GUI. It will now increase the range and performance of your network.
How to set up Tp link wifi extender via a web browser?
Do you want to know how to set up a wifi extender? If so, then, First of all, switch on your tp-link range extender. Now, connect to the SSID of your TP-Link range extender and follow the below steps;
- Open up a web browser of your choice and head to http://192.168.1.0.
- After that, create a password for your Tplink repeater administrative privileges.
- Your TP-Link extender will look for the entire available wifi networks near about.
- Select your network name or the SSID for 2.4 GHz and 5 GHz bands.
- Enter the new password for the Wi-Fi router SSID.
- Write the name of your range extender network and click next
- Hit the Save button to save and apply the made you.
- Now, you can connect to your tp-link range extender.
How to set up wifi extender using a Wi-Fi Protected Setup?
- Turn on the Wi-Fi range extender near your router.
- Find and locate the WPS button on your router and the range extender.
- After that, press the WPS button on your range extender.
- You will notice that the Wi-Fi LED will start blinking rapidly.
- Now, within two minutes, press the WPS button on the router.
- Your TP-Link Repeaters will connect to the network.
- Your Wi-Fi network will become solid and will start functioning.
- You have to repeat the entire process if no LED blinks.
- Press the WPS button on both the devices again within.
- You may now connect to your extended network using the default login credentials.
How to set up a wifi extender using the Tether app?
- Firstly, download and install the tp-link tether app from any play store like the Google app store or Apple app store for your mobile device.
- Tether app is a mobile app and works best with any android or iOS processor.
- Secondly, you should place the tp-link extender within the range of your existing and functioning router.
- Third, you should power on your Tplink range extender and wait for it to boot up.
- Fourth you should connect to the wifi network of your range extender through the phone.
- Fifth, you should switch to the tether application and scan for available wifi networks.
Locate the SSID of your router and connect to it using the password and username. The default SSID for your Tplink extended network is the same as that of your network. Now, you know all the essential methods on ‘how to set up Tp-link wifi extender’ and can easily connect to the Wi-Fi network of your range extender.