Tired of the Wi-Fi dead zone? You should try TP-Link AC1750 Extender. It is a range extender tool that strengthens your signal and expands the coverage area. It can be immensely useful within the area where the single router does not cover the square footage needs of the place. In such a case, you can use another router as a Wi-Fi extender to increase the signal beyond the reach of your TP-Link device. However, you cannot use your TP-Link Router Login as a Wi-Fi extender. A second access point is to be added. One of the most effective things about this extender is that it reduces the signal interference to make sure a reliable connection.
Once you complete the TP-Link Extender Setup and connect it to the router, then you can relocate it to any location as per your need with no extra configuration required. This article will guide you about the steps to be followed to set up a TP-Link extender.
Step by Step Guide to set up TP-Link AC1750 Extender:
The TP-Link AC1750 extender Set up and boosting a host network requires the following steps to be followed:
- Place and plug the extender closer to the router and wait until the power LED changes to solid blue.
- There are two ways to attach to the host network:
Procedure 1- Through WPS Button:
The simplest way to extend the network is through WPS Button.
- Press the WPS button on your router and so press RE Button on the extender within 2 Minutes.
- Wait till the RE LED light changes from blinking to the solid status. It indicates that the WPS connection is successful.
- If the extender is connected to a dual-band router yet only 2.4GHz or 5GHz LED is on, then repeat steps 1 and 2 to connect to another band.
- Try connected to the extended network. Both the extended networks share similar SSID’s and passwords as that of your network.
Procedure 2- Through the Web Browser:
Try connecting your network to the extender’s wireless network. But before trying to connect that, search for the SSID mentioned on the extender.
For Window Users:
- Unplug the Ethernet cable from the PC.
- Click on the wireless internet connection on the taskbar.
- Press the refresh icon and check out connecting to the extender’s wireless network- TP- 4GHz or TP-LINK_Extender_5GHz.
For Mac OS X Users:
- Unplug the Ethernet cable from the PC.
- There is a Wi-Fi icon on the top right of the screen. Click that icon and try connecting to the wireless network of the extender: TP-Link_Extender_2.4GHz or TP-Link_Extender_5GHz.
Instructions for TP-Link Extender Set up:
- Open an internet browser and type http://tplinkrepeater.net or 192.168 1.0 in the address field. To log in, use admin (All Lowercase) for both username and password.
- Create a replacement password and username for security purposes and then click to verify.
- Select your router’s network name (2.4GHz SSID) and enter the password (not the new one you just created) and click on Next.
- Select your router’s network name (5GHz SSID) and enter the password (as above) and click on Next.
- Keep the default SSID’s (network names) or either you can even customize them for your extended network and then click on the Next Button.
- Get your wireless settings verified and click Finish. The corresponding LED(s) (Either 2.4GHz or 5GHz) should be turned on.
- Connect with the extended network. Both the extended wireless networks share the identical password as same as host networks with different names if you’ve got customized SSID’s during the configuration.
Place the Extender to set up AC1750 Wi-Fi Range Extender:
- Place and plug the extender between the router and the dead zone of your Wi-Fi. Space should be within the limit of your already existing host network.
- Wait till the (RE) LED is lit up in solid blue colour. If it didn’t re-locate it nearer to the host router to attain better results.
Tips to Remember: To minimize signal interference, please select a location that is far away from any Bluetooth device or any other electronic devices, like cordless phones, microwave ovens, and baby monitors, etc. You’ll check the extender’s working status by following the LED Explanation table. Name Status Indication.
This is all for this article. Complete the TP-Link AC1750 extender Set-up process using the provided TP-Link Login manual. Also, keep an eye fixed on the points that we included so that you do not face any trouble in the future. Follow the steps carefully and if you continue to have any issues, feel free to contact our technical experts.